Canada to pull police protection for Sussexes

Canada to pull police protection for Sussexes

CANADA is to stop providing security protection for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex — leaving British taxpayers to foot the entire £20million bill. The Royal Canadian Mounted Police have been helping Scotland Yard guard Harry and Meghan (pictured above) since they left England to begin their new life away from the royal family. In a statement last week, the couple said they ‘will continue to require effective security to protect them and their son’. Yesterday, Canada’s Office of the Minister of Public Safety said ‘assistance will cease in the coming weeks, in keeping with their change in status’.

Correction
IN TUESDAY’S paper, we reported metal detectorist Guy Gordon had unearthed a centuries-old posy ring, having previously discovered a £5million coin hoard. In fact, the coins were found by someone else. The mistake arose from information supplied to us. Metro strives for complete accuracy but mistakes do sometimes slip in. If you spot anything, please email correct@ukmetro.co.uk with the article and date as the subject line. Metro is a member of the Independent Press Standards Organisation, the regulatory body for the Press. If you wish to make a formal complaint about a story, visit metro.co.uk/readerseditor or contact IPSO at ipso.co.uk

Watch this space… Jeremy Kyle set to make comeback
JEREMY KYLE will be ‘back soon to have his say’, according to a celebrity management company claiming to be his new agents. The controversial talk show host has not been seen on TV screens since his ITV show was pulled following the death of a guest last year. But The CAN Group posted on Instagram that Kyle, 54, has ‘exclusively’ signed to them and is battling back from the ‘unimaginable consequences of a devastating tragedy’. Fans were told to ‘watch this space’.